Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Ueno Park

Well, as promised, here are some pictures from the cherry blossoms at Ueno park as well as the Rodin "Gates of Hell" sculpture. I guess next weekend they will be even more spectacular. This week I started Nihongo lessons with Michel at the community center and also began practicing hiragana. I really enjoy writing the characters, but the memorization is tough. Hopefully, tho', by the end of a year I will be able to say a few more things than I could when I first got here.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool. I'll admit I'm not too familiar with Rodin, but that's a great sculpture. Reminds me of Milton somewhat... but that could just be because I haven't read any real literature in so long.

Liz said...

Matt, those are beautiful! Even the Rodin, which is beautiful and eerie (I'd love to see it up close - I bet it would be really creepy). The sepia wash is nice.

I especially like the second picture - I love that you caught one of the banners through the gap in the tree.

Was it windy or breezy at all? I always think of apple orchards in Michigan - when the wind came through, it was a shower of petals.

Kristin said...

I LOVE THE RODIN!! Everything is so pretty! Now I must spend all day at work looking at Rodin sculptures online instead of doing the work I am overwhelmed with. THANKS!:) Miss you.

Michel Lafleur said...

Don't have your email address handy, and don't feel like typing this into my cell phone.... so here's a link to a good hiragana quiz... you can select only the groups you've memorized and go at 'er.
http://www.languageguide.org/im/alpha/jp/hiragana_alpha_quiz.jsp