Monday, March 27, 2006

Cherry Blossom Time

I took a bunch of pictures in Ueno park on Sunday after going to a super exhibit of sculpture by August Rodin and paintings by Eugene Carierre. I also took a picture of Rodin's "The Gates of Hell" but my camera's batteries have decided to poop out on me so I cannot show them to you yet. I did, however, take two pictures with my cell phone camera so i can post those and let you see how nicely spring is shaping up here in Japan. I am very excited about spring coming and am gonna get a ton of plants for my porch as this seems to be the land of no lawns - I'm missing green grass, but the blossoms and the bamboo trees are helping a lot. That and the warming weather.


I would have waited until I got batteries to post, but then Katy mentioned that she was getting sick of looking at (s)natto, so here ya go.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I can't wait for the real pictures! I've heard so much about cherry blossom time - have you been impressed? Are you going to take a trip to one of the famous orchards?

Let us know if you need us to send you some herb seeds for your porch garden - you know, things like basil and rosemary - don't know how easy they are to come by.

You should plant some sunflowers!

Anonymous said...

Natto. Sakura. You are definitely adjusting to life in Nihon. Have you decorated the keetai with Hello Kitty stickers?

Ueno is the spot for cherry blossom viewing in Tokyo. There must have been office parties under the trees while you were there. If it is a weekday, the junior staff will spend the day guarding the office's spot under the trees. Then after work the rest of the office arrives with the beer, food, and karaoke.

Kristin said...

So pretty! And I CANNOT WAIT to see The Gates of Hell! God, I LOVE Rodin! And I can still see the Nasto by the way, so you need to post several more times! MISS YOU SO MUCH. TW is not the same without you!