Monday, October 20, 2008

I need to listen more closely...


...before signing on to races with my sister and brother-in-law. I thought that last Saturday I'd be running a 5k race but when I got to their house and we were getting ready to go, my brother-in-law asked if I was ready to run 5 miles. I said, "No, it's only 3 miles; it's a 5k." b-i-l: "It's five miles, Matt." Okay, so ready or not, I had to do it.

Despite the steep incline around 3/4 a mile into the race and twisting my ankle at the 1 mile marker, I made it through the five miles. I've done five miles before, but not in a long time. Anyway, here's a pic of all of us after finishing the "Run for the Apples" race on Saturday:

3 comments:

christina said...

Speaking of running ... drop me a line. I want to know what you would think of trying to e-train together to run a longer distance.

Is this sufficiently cryptic? I thought as much.

Chad said...

I've been runnin' too! Do you remember your time? I just did 5 miles a few days ago in about 47 minutes. I don't have enough information to know if that's impressive or not, though.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Chad, that's impressive. Yay!

Want to run a marathon with us?